- Right-click the Wireless Network icon in the taskbar, and choose View Available Wireless Networks. It should bring up this window:
- In the left column under Related Tasks, click Change the order of preferred networks. The Wireless Network Connection Properties window will open to the Wireless Networks tab
- Click the Add... button located under Preferred networks.
- The Wireless network properties window opens to the Association tab. Enter the following data, as shown in the image below:
- Network name (SSID): FREDsecure
- Network Authentication: WPA2
- Data encryption: AES
- Click the Authentication tab and in the EAP type drop-down menu, select Protected EAP (PEAP). Also, uncheck Authenticate as computer when computer information is available.
- Now click the properties button and check Validate server certificate and make sure that GlobalSign is checked under Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
- Under Select Authentication Method, select Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
- Check Enable Fast Reconnect.
- Click Configure, and uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any)
- Click OK and close all remaining windows.
- When you go to connect to FREDsecure now, you will be prompted for a Username and Password.
- User name: eServices User Id
- Password: eServices Password
- Logon domain: Leave Blank
Note: If you are prompted to Validate Server Certificate, click OK.
- You should now be connected to the Fredonia Wireless Network.
Short URL to this page: https://answers.fredonia.edu/x/LoB8