How do I create or join a class in Google Classroom?
- Go to https://classroom.google.com, and sign in using your Fredonia eServices account. When given the option to join as a Teacher or a Student, choose TEACHER.
NOTE: You can also go to Google Classroom by clicking on the 9 squares in the upper right next to Fredonia logo.
In Google Classroom, click the + sign (upper right), to create or join a class.
- If you want to JOIN a class, choose JOIN, then put in the "Join Code" for that Classroom.
- If you want to CREATE a class, choose CREATE. Then use the on-screen form to name your class and add details to get it started.
If the ONLY option is to JOIN a class, you must change that status. To do so, search for "Classroom Teachers" in Fredonia’s Google Groups (or locate Google Groups through the 9 squares in the upper right next to the Fredonia logo). Then, click Request to be added to this group and go back to Google Classroom. If you don't see any changes, then you might need to refresh the page. You should now be able to see the option to Create or Join a class.
Helpful Support Links:
- Use Google Classroom Help to get started; note that this information does NOT include the important information about changing your Fredonia settings (above).
- For even more practical help, visit Google’s Google Classroom “learning center”, the Back-to-School Guide @ Google, and Alice Keeler’s getting started hints and Student Guide.
Short URL to this page: https://answers.fredonia.edu/x/4oHeAg