For The State University of New York at Fredonia Students
The Fredonia Student Computer Purchasing Program is a voluntary program that provides students with flexible options to purchase high-performance desktop and laptop computers at discounted prices. In partnering with Apple and Dell this program provides customers flexibility in determining an appropriate computer to best suit their needs. Customers can order their new computer and have it shipped to their residence hall or to their home address.
Fredonia provides computer and software purchasing information as a service to our students. Fredonia Information Technology Services (ITS) is not responsible for any transactions that take place between Fredonia students and the vendors listed here, nor does ITS provide support for this software or equipment.
- Before ordering your new computer, review the technology recommendations below.
If there are any questions on the recommendations, please check with the department of your major for any specific hardware or software recommendations.
Department Name Software Desktop Recommendation Laptop Recommendation Applied Professional Studies N/A PC PC Biology N/A Business Administration N/A PC PC Chemistry and Biochemistry Microsoft Office PC PC Communication Microsoft Office Communication Disorders and Science Microsoft Office PC PC Computer & Information Sciences Microsoft Office PC Curriculum and Instruction Microsoft Office Mac Mac Economics Microsoft Office English Word Processor Geosciences Microsoft Office, 7-Zip, DNR Garmin PC PC History Microsoft Office Language, Learning & Leadership Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader Mathematical Science Microsoft Office Music Microsoft Office Philosophy Microsoft Office Physics Microsoft Office, Mathematica or Maple PC Politics & International Affairs N/A Psychology Microsoft Office Sociocultural and Justice Sciences Microsoft Office Theatre & Dance Word Processor Chromebox, Mac Chromebook, Mac Visual Arts & New Media N/A World Languages and Cultures Microsoft Office
- Order your new computer that fulfills the suggested requirements from your major:
- Obtain and install software:
- Microsoft Office 365 University (Windows and Macintosh) is recommended for students as the standard office productivity software but is not included in the machine configurations. This product can be obtained at: https://products.office.com/en-us/student/office-in-education
- Educational discounts for Fredonia students for select Adobe products can be found at:
Adobe Creative Cloud for Students and Teachers