Need more help?
See the Quick Start Digital Tools for Students page
Contact the ITS Service Center:
Page Last Modified: Apr 23, 2018
Share Link: https://answers.fredonia.edu/x/R4B8
Jobs at ResNet
The ResNet Office employs approximately 7 students during the semester as ResNet Technicians. Technicians handle in-room and in-office level 1 support calls as well as other various projects during the semester. Technicians are also responsible for secretarial duties such as answering the phone, email, and submitting Tracker tickets. Technicians will be exposed to a wide range of information technology disciplines which may include the following: IEEE 802.3 Ethernet local area networks, IEEE 802.11 a\b\g\n\x wireless networks, network access control, card access control, network client security and remediation, computer hardware and software support, network and computer security, network printing, databases and Microsoft, Mac and Linux operating systems. Student Technicians also participate in testing mobile, gaming and multi-media devices on the University networks for compatibility and quality of service.
When applying for a technician position, you must:
- Be a currently registered undergraduate student at Fredonia.
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA.
- Be in good standing academically.
- Have an adequate technical aptitude.
- Be self-motivated.
- Have strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
Typically, technicians should expect to work:
- 10-20 hours per week during the semester.
- There are also opportunities to work over breaks and the summer.
All technicians must:
- Attend ResNet training prior to fall and spring semesters.
- Actively participate in ResNet SWAT which is the on-site technical support for residence halls at the beginning of the fall semester during move in weekend.
- Contribute to the Residence Life Programming by completing technology oriented programmings with in the residence halls through the academic year. These programs should enrich and contribute to the living and learning environment while supporting the mission of the Office of Residence Life and Information Technology Services department.
- Follow all University policies and procedures.
If you would like to help your fellow students and gain valuable work experience, please fill out the job application in the ResNet Office located in McGinnies Hall room 154. You can also download the application here and drop it by the ResNet Office at your convenience. Please remember to attach your resume to the job application. Thank you.
Short URL to this page: https://answers.fredonia.edu/x/R4B8