- Ensure that no Microsoft Office applications are running prior to installation.
- From the Start menu, choose Control Panel. Ensure that the window is set to "View by: Large icons," then under Programsclick Programs and Features.
- In the left sidebar, click "Get programsInstall a program from the network."
- Double-click on the EndNote X8 installer.
- Follow the installer's prompts and accept the license agreement.
- When prompted, select a Typical installation.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish. Congratulations! You have successfully installed EndNote. An EndNote icon will appear on your desktop the next time you start your computer.