To log into the secure Fredonia Web VPN Service
NOTE: This VPN service is used to remotely access University computing resources (e.g. desktop computer) etc.
1. Using the web browser on your computer, browse to the URL https://vpn.fredonia.edu.
2. Enter your information into the appropriate fields.
3. Select Login. You will be redirected to the Fredonia SSL VPN web portal home page.
Fredonia Web VPN Service Portal Overview
Various widgets provide the web portal’s features
- Quick Connection enables you to connect to network resources without using or creating a bookmark.
- Bookmarks provides links to network resources.
To start an Remote Desktop (RDP) session
1. In Type, select RDP.
2. In the Host field, type the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) or IP address of the RDP host. The RDP host is the computer your are trying to connect to remotely.
To find your Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) or full computer name (e.g. aa-its-jdoe-01.ad.fredonia.edu) you are trying to remotely connect to:
Mac OS X
- Click on the Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences....
- Click on Sharing.
- Your computer name will be listed at the top of the window that opens.
Microsoft Windows 7 & 10
- Click on the Start button.
- Right-click on Computer.
- Select Properties.
Your full computer name will be listed near the bottom of the window that opens under "Computer name, domain, and workgrouop settings".
NOTE: You may also type the IP address in the Host field instead of using the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN). Also see How to Find Your Computer Name
3. To log in to the remote computer, type your Username (e.g. ad\eService I.D.) and password. You must have a user account on the remote
computer to log in and the username should be entered in the format above for Windows 7 and Mac.
NOTE: For the following operating systems, please only enter your eServices I.D (No "ad\" and under Security select "Allow the server to choose the type of security".
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2016
4. Select Launch. A login window opens.
5. Select Login.
6. To end the RDP session, Log out of Windows or select Cancel from the Logon window.
- Select Create New Bookmark and enter the following information:
- Category Select a category, or group, to include the bookmark.
- If this is the first bookmark added, you will be prompted to add a category.
- Otherwise, select Create from the drop-down list.
- Name Enter a name for the bookmark.
- Type Select the type of link from the drop-down list.
- Provide a description.
- Click Save
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact the ITS Service Center that can be contacted through email at ITSservicecenter@fredonia.edu, FREDquest, phone, or by a visit to the ITS Service Center office. The office is located at W203 Thompson, on the 2nd Floor. Phone: (716) 673-3407.
Short URL to this page: https://answers.fredonia.edu/x/dAIHAQ
There is no content with the specified labels