How do you make OnCourse elements visible and invisible?
You may set up when sections/topics are released. It is important that - if you are using the section to "tell" the content in it to open - you keep all of your elements VISIBLE, not hidden.
- Go to the section that you want to make changes to.
Click on the gear icon, to edit settings.
- Skim down, to locate the heading Restrict Access.
- Click on that heading, to open the options in it.
- Under Access restrictions, the default is NONE. Click on the button to Add restriction.
From the options listed, choose the second button, Date.
- Keep the default selection "Student must." Then change the date to match the time constraints that you want to set.
Click to Save Changes.
- One element in OnCourse that cannot be hidden or timed is an Announcement from a News Forum.
- Consider using timed release of sections, to stagger access to content.
- Bullet insert live link embedded into the name of the site.