In an effort to meet Fredonia ITS support requirements, Federal Information Security requirements, and NYS Procurement regulations, all software, licensing and hardware (technology) procurements and renewals need to follow the below process:
Step 1: New or Renewal Software Customer Request - Customer completes the New or Renewal Software Request Form (also includes Sofware-as-a-Service). Upon submitting of this form, a Tracker ticket is created in the ITS Service Center queue. NOTE: Until the completed New (or Renewal) Software Application Request Form is received, procurements or renewals cannot be processed. All other contracts and licenses should be sent directly to www.fredonia.edu/contractreview.
Step 2: ITS Service Center Review - The ITS Service Center (“ITSSC”) receives a completed request via Tracker ticket and then performs a technical, compatibility, and solutions analysis to ensure the software can be supported with in the existing Fredonia computing environment, or recommends / determines if similar software already exists utilizing the University Approved Software List. Furthermore, the ITSSC identifies what ITS resources are required to provide support. NOTE: All software must be approved by the requestors Director, Dean, or Departmental chair as for possible ongoing financial commitments and permission to possibly utilize University regulated data (Cat - II & III).
Step 3: Information Security Review - The Information Security Office (“ISO) will perform an Information Security risk assessment using Federal and NYS standards to ensure that the software is secure and meets regulatory requirements. All software that uses University data must be approved by the Information Security Officer or designee and be added to the University Approved Software List.
If Necessary: Step 4a: Software Terms and Conditions Review: The PD will update the Tracker ticket and moves it into the Contract Services project queue for TofC / TofU negotiation.
Step 5: Procurement Processing: Contract Services will update the Tracker ticket and include documentation illustrating the TofC / TofU was successfully negotiated (e.g. signed contract). Contract Services moves the Tracker ticket back into the PD’s project queues. The PD facilitates the Purchase Order (PO) generation from approvals found within Tracker and sends to customer.
Step 6: Software Installation and License Registration: The ITSSC or designated ITS department (defined within the project charter and/or Tracker Ticket) receives and installs, configures, or integrates software and notifies the customer.
- This New (or Renewal) Software Request Process is required by SUNY, NYS and Federal regulations.
- All software procurements or renewals must follow this process regardless of the type funding (State vs. Non-state). NOTE: All other contracts and licenses should be sent directly to www.fredonia.edu/contractreview
- Software or Software as a Service (SaaS) cannot be purchased via a state issued procurement card and must be purchased via a state issued Purchase Order.
- This Software Request Process can take up to 6 months to complete.
- All software that uses University data must be approved by the Information Security Officer or designee and be added to the University Approved Software List.
- All Software licenses need to be registered using the ITS.ServiceCenter@fredonia.edu email account.
Short URL to this page: https://answers.fredonia.edu/x/LgA6Ag