How do I divide my course into teams or groups?
- Log in to OnCourse
- Access the course you would like to create teams in
- Locate the locate the the green gear icon on the upper right hand side of the page. Click on the drop-down menu and select More.
- Click the User tab to expand the options and click the Groups link.
- Press the “Create group” button.
- Give your group a name, press the “Save changes” button.
- From the Groups field, select the name of your group by clicking on it once.
- Under the “Member of” field, press the “Add/remove users” button.
- Select a student to add to the group and press the “Add” button.
- Repeat until all students are added to the group.
After finishing, press the “Back to groups” button.
- To select multiple student to add to a group, hold down the “Ctrl” key and click on each student name. Once the names are highlighted press the “Add” button
- If two courses are being merged, groups can be created during the merge process. Directions for this are here: https://goo.gl/7yFtWd.
- Information on creating groups from Moodle.org can be found at https://docs.moodle.org/32/en/Groups#Creating_a_group.
Short URL to this page: https://answers.fredonia.edu/x/toAg