Need more help?
See the Quick Start Digital Tools for Students page
Contact the ITS Service Center:
Page Last Modified: Mar 20, 2020
Share Link: https://answers.fredonia.edu/x/TgC1
Using the App Store application, search for "FortiClient." Make sure that what you see below is what pops up, ensure the developer is "Fortinet." Once you have found it, click the "Get" button. FortiClient will want access to certain permissions, click "Allow" and enter the local password for the device.
- Once the FortiClient App is open, you will be greeted with this screen. Click "select connection" then "Add Configuration..."
- Enter all of the relevant information in the required fields and press "Save" then "Done"
- Once at this screen, hit the "< VPN" button to return to the previous screen. Once at that screen, toggle the "VPN" option On, it should change to green. Once clicked, your VPN session is active.
- The following steps will help you set up a Remote Desktop Session to a campus PC. First, using the App Store application, search for "Microsoft Remote Desktop." Make sure that what you see below is what pops up, ensure the developer is "Microsoft Corporation." Once you have found it, click the "Get" button. Then open the app.
- Once the Microsoft Remote Desktop App is open, you will be greeted with this screen. Click the "+" button in the top-right hand corner.
- Click "Desktop."
- Click on the arrow after "Host name or IP address" and enter the host name of the PC you are trying to remote into, then click done.
- Click on the arrow after "Enter every time" for the user account field and click "Add User Account" and enter your e-services credentials. Click "Save" in the top-right hand corner of the pop-up, and your remote desktop session should start.
Short URL to this page: