Need more help?
See the Quick Start Digital Tools for Students page
Contact the ITS Service Center:
Page Last Modified: Mar 24, 2020
Share Link: https://answers.fredonia.edu/x/QQG1
How do I set up a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session in my OnCourse course?
- Navigate to your course in OnCourse
- Click Turn Editing On
- Click Add an Activity or Resource
- Choose Collaborate from the list
- Click Add
- Enter a session title and modify any other settings needed such as session date, time, and duration.
If you need to invite guests who are not in your OnCourse course enable Allow Collaborate guest access.
- Click Save
Giving Participants the rights to talk, chat or turn on their camera?
The moderator needs to turn on these tools for everyone to use. As a moderator you will need to:
- Click the Purple tab in the bottom right-hand column with the double arrow on it.
- Click on the "My Settings" gear
- Expand the "Session Settings" area
- Checkmark the items you would like Participants to be able to use
- "Share audio" allows participants to turn on a microphone
- Share video" allows participants to turn on the webcam
- "Post chat messages" allows participants to use the chat feature
- "Draw on whiteboard and files" allows participants to write on items shared on the whiteboard or files uploaded.
Short URL to this page: https://answers.fredonia.edu/x/QQG1