Groupings take the existing groups and associate them together so that OnCourse knows how to give permissions to the assignments they are being used for. For example, If you are planning small group discussions for a class of 40 students, you can create four groups of ten, put the 4 groups into a grouping, and assign the grouping to a Forum or Open Forum. This will allow each group to see only their own discussion, but all inside a single Forum or Open Forum.
- Access the course you would like to create teams in
- Locate the green gear icon on the upper right hand side of the page. Click on the drop-down menu and select More.
- Click the Users tab and then choose Groups
- Click the Groupings tab and then the “Create grouping” button
- Enter in a “Grouping name.” Consider using the assignment name as the grouping name, and then press “Save changes.”