Step 3: ITS Service Center Review - The ITS Service Center(ITS SC) performs a technical, compatibility, and solutions analysis to ensure the software is compatible and can be supported with in the existing Fredonia computing environment, or recommends / determines if similar software already exists utilizing the University Approved Software List. The ITSSC also identifies what ITS resources are required to provide support. NOTE: All software must be approved by the requestors Director, Dean, or Departmental chair as for possible ongoing financial commitments and permission to possibly utilize University regulated data (Cat - II & III).
Step 4: Information Security Review - The Information Security Office (“ISO) performs an Information Security risk assessment using Federal and NYS standards to ensure that the software is secure and meets regulatory requirements. All software that uses University regulated data must be approved by the Information Security Officer or designee and be added to the University Approved Software List..
- This Technology Procurement Process is required by SUNY, NYS and Federal regulations.
- All technology procurements or renewals must follow this process regardless of the type funding (State vs. Non-state). NOTE: All other contracts and licenses should be sent directly to www.fredonia.edu/contractreview
- Software or Software as a Service (SaaS) cannot be purchased via a state issued procurement card and must be purchased via a state issued Purchase Order.
- This Technology Procurement Process can take up to 6 months to complete.
- All software that uses University data must be approved by the Information Security Officer or designee and be added to the University Approved Software List.
- All Software licenses need to be registered using the ITS.ServiceCenter@fredonia.edu email account.