How do I copy course content into a new semester or another section?
All course content can be copied from one semester to another, or from one course section to another. This import does not include past student enrollment or any submissions made to the original course. The import will create a clean version of the course.
- Log in to OnCourse at OnCourse.fredonia.edu
- Locate and enter the empty course shell. This is the course the content will be copied into.
- Locate the green gear icon on the upper right hand side of the page. From the drop-down menu click the Import link.
- Locate the course you would like to copy.
- If the course name does not appear in the first 10 listed, use the search box to locate the course to copy from.
- Enter in the Course Subject and Course Number (Example: MATH-110)
- Press Search
- Click the radio button next to the course name and press Continue.
- On the Initial Settings page, under Backup Settings, check the types of content to be copied.
- By default all items will be selected, only change this if you would like to exclude a particular type of content from the copy.
The items under the Personalized Learning Designer Settings section will be unchecked. If you have not used the PLD, this can remain unchecked.
- Press the Jump to Final Step button at the bottom of the screen.
- A progress bar will appear. Once this bar disappears the import process is complete.
Short URL to this page:
Related articles appear here based on the labels you select. Click to edit the macro and add or change labels.