How do I add a user to my course in OnCourse?
If you need to add a user to your OnCourse course, anyone with a Fredonia eServices account can be added using the Enroll User button.
- Login in to OnCourse at https://oncourse.fredonia.edu/.
- Locate the Administration block and click the Users menu to expand the options.
- Click the “Enrolled users” link.
- At the top right corner of the Enrolled users list, press the “Enroll user” button.
- In the Search field of the pop up window, enter the user’s last name. Then press Search.
- At the top of the box, locate the Assign roles drop down menu.
- Choose “Student” from the menu, to add a user with student rights.
- Choose “Instructor” from the menu, to add a user with instructor rights, which includes editing the course
- When you have finished adding individuals, press the “Finish enrolling users” button at the bottom of the window.
- You will now see the user in the Enrolled Users list. The user can now access the course by logging into OnCourse.
- The Administration block is usually found in the left column of the course, under the Navigation block.
- If you need to un-enroll a user, use the X (delete) button that is after the date the individual was enrolled. Un-enrolling works only for individuals who were manually added. If students are registered for a course, Banner will re-add them after you manually delete them, until they formally drop the course.
Short URL to this page:
Related articles appear here based on the labels you select. Click to edit the macro and add or change labels.